Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a Boston-based B2B company developing the most unique AI Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Electra’s AI Adaptive Controls Technology and Analytics Platform work in tandem to improve Electric Vehicle battery pack performance, lifetime, and safety, across entire eFleets.
Our Focus is in the Automotive Industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management and analytics, and more. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed into the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Seed Round of fundraising and are now building the organization to develop and deliver to our customers and their overwhelming demand for our technology.
- Develop and refine innovative battery models which combine the accuracy of a classical physics-based battery model with machine learning techniques to adapt to battery usage
- Develop and refine these battery models for both cylindrical and prismatic/pouch cell form factors
- Develop and refine these battery models for both conventional lithium-ion chemistries (NMC, NCA, LFP, LTO) as well as emerging cell technologies (Li-S, Metal-Air, Solid State, Silicon Anode) based on laboratory test data
- Create and integrate models, define algorithms, write testing code, and evaluate the performance of algorithms throughout the life of the product
- Support data collection, data analysis, and model training efforts
- Lead the integration of these advanced battery models into an existing battery simulation codebase.
- Continuously explore novel machine learning techniques to improve the long-term performance of the energy storage simulation and modeling
- Lead documentation pertaining to battery modeling techniques and deployment
- Manage Electra internal documentation pertaining to the battery modeling, its integration into the codebase, and metrics regarding the accuracy of the model.
- Lead technical writing for patents which highlight advances in battery modeling & controls
- MS or PhD in chemistry, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or materials engineering
- Experience with modeling of lithium ion cells using machine learning and physics-based models
- Capable of analyzing algorithm performance in MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Software development experience, such as microservices on AWS
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- Extensive experience, understanding, and intuition for the electrochemical physics of lithium ion cells
- Passionate about sustainable transportation and innovations within the field
- Demonstrate a strong systems engineering understanding for EV and mobility applications
- Experience with Agile project development & management
- Interest in product strategy and management to plan future development
- Flexible remote schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continued skill growth with company wide training
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Electra Vehicles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All applicants will be considered, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.