Electra is committed to accelerating the world's transition to electrification, driving sustainability, and fostering eco-friendly innovation. We aim to be the brainpower behind tomorrow’s battery management systems by utilizing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to design, analyze and control optimized electric drivetrains. Our Focus is on the automotive industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management, and analytics. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed in the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid, and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Series A and are now scaling the organization to develop and meet our customer's overwhelming demand for our technology. Our team is rapidly growing, and that is why we need you!
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this position.
- Develop and refine innovative battery models which combine the accuracy of a classical physics-based battery model with machine-learning techniques to adapt to battery usage
- Develop and refine these battery models for both cylindrical and prismatic/pouch cell form factors
- Develop and refine these battery models for both conventional lithium-ion chemistries (NMC, NCA, LFP, LTO) as well as emerging cell technologies (Li-S, Metal-Air, Solid State, Silicon Anode) based on laboratory test data
- Create and integrate models, define algorithms, write testing code, and evaluate the performance of algorithms throughout the life of the product
- Support data collection, data analysis, and model training efforts
- Lead the integration of these advanced battery models into an existing battery simulation codebase.
- Continuously explore novel machine learning techniques to improve the long-term performance of the energy storage simulation and modeling
- Lead documentation pertaining to battery modeling techniques and deployment
- Manage Electra's internal documentation pertaining to the battery modeling, its integration into the codebase, and metrics regarding the accuracy of the model.
- Lead technical writing for patents that highlight advances in battery modeling & controls
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MS or Ph.D. in chemistry, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or materials engineering
- Experience with modeling lithium-ion cells using machine learning and physics-based models
- Capable of analyzing algorithm performance in MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Software development experience, such as microservices on AWS
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- Extensive experience, understanding, and intuition for the electrochemical physics of lithium-ion cells
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about sustainable transportation and innovations within the field
- A strong understanding of systems engineering understanding for EV and mobility applications
- Experience with Agile project development & management
- Interest in product strategy and management to plan future development
Why join Electra Vehicles?
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize energy storage!
- Backed by top-tier investors such as Stellantis & Blackberry
- Mold the culture and journey of a growing organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity options for all employees
- 33 Paid personal leave days
- 10 Paid federal holidays
- Employee micro-bonus program
- MacBook or Windows PC, you choose!
- Remote-first culture
Do you meet most, but not all, of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to still apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Electra Vehicles is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a workplace of mutual respect and an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken, or veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are a qualified candidate with a disability and need assistance with the recruitment process, please submit this FORM and we will work with you to provide a reasonable accommodation to facilitate your application. This form is only visible to Electra Vehicle’s people team.