Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a Boston-based B2B company developing the most unique AI Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Electra’s AI Adaptive Controls Technology and Analytics Platform work in tandem to improve Electric Vehicle battery pack performance, lifetime, and safety, across entire eFleets.
Our Focus is in the Automotive Industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management and analytics, and more. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed into the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Seed Round of fundraising and are now building the organization to develop and deliver to our customers and their overwhelming demand for our technology.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who is experienced in developing software with various coding platforms. The candidate will be working alongside the rest of Electra’s Technical Team to build and refine our electric vehicle battery pack software solutions to serve our customers.
- Using collected data from Electra partners, apply advanced statistical models and machine learning to extract and refine models such as:
- Anticipated power demand throughout an active driving cycle using route planning data
- Optimized driving velocity throughout an active driving cycle to maximize driving efficiency & battery life
- Optimal cell core temperature to minimize DC fast charge time
- Optimal current & timing for overnight charging to reduce electricity cost, extend battery life
- Support in the collection & cleaning of data for model training
- Explore novel machine learning techniques to improve the performance of the adaptive models
- Support documentation pertaining to modeling techniques and deployment
- Develop visualization tools for geospatial and temporal datasets
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist working with software systems
- Master’s or PhD in a related field (e.g., CS, Operations Research, Software Engineering, Statistics)
- Strong programming skills with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in data analysis, modeling, and web services in Python
- Proficiency in SQL relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with statistical data analysis and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, or neural networks
- Passionate about sustainable transportation and innovations within the field
- Demonstrate a strong systems engineering understanding for EV and mobility applications
- Experience with Agile project development & management
- Interest in product strategy and management to plan future development
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- Flexible remote schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continued skill growth with company wide training
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Electra Vehicles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All applicants will be considered, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.