Research & Development Software Engineer
Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a Boston-based B2B company developing the most unique and patented AI Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Electra’s AI Adaptive Controls Technology and Analytics Platform work in tandem to improve Electric Vehicle battery pack performance, lifetime, and safety, across entire eFleets.
Our Focus is in the Automotive Industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management and analytics, and more. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed into the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Seed Round of fundraising and are now building the organization to develop and deliver to our customers and their overwhelming demand for our technology.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who can architect and build applications and services from the ground up and work with data scientists and battery engineers on our software development efforts.
- Evaluating, identifying and developing software solutions with a strong focus on Python-based API, Front and Backend applications.
- Leading software development projects from concept to production deployment.
- Documenting and recording every aspect of an application or software.
- Establish software development best practices, drive standardization and cost efficiencies where possible
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain software in Kubernetes (EKS) using Helm Charts
- Produce platform roadmaps aligning with segment strategy and vision, as well as business and operational priorities, producing architectural definitions, implementation plans, along with standards definition and upkeep
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities, implementing services to support Data Science and Battery Science algorithms in the Production cloud
- Design Software Stacks and leverage existing frameworks and codes
- Manage a MLOps pipeline, Security checks and Secrets Management
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of commercial software development experience with Python in a Production Environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical folks including the use of Jira and Confluence.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or an engineering discipline with strong software education.
- Deep knowledge of multiple coding languages with Python required
- Must have Cloud Services (AWS), Kubernetes (EKS) containerization of Python applications
- Strong skill in data structures and algorithms in Python
- Experience with commercial SaaS product development and strategy
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Knowledge of software security principles for cloud applications and APIs.
- Advanced degree in software engineering, information systems, or similar field
- Full-Stack Web Application Development Experience and/or API design experience
- Experience with other programming languages such as C/C++, Rust, Java.
- Machine Learning, DevOps/SRE functions including Helm Chart development experience
- Prior experience architecting and implementing highly available distributed systems and HPC
- OpenAPI Design and Documentation
- Ability and desire to innovate
- Has successful startup experience
- Flexible remote schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continued skill growth with company wide training
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Electra Vehicles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All applicants will be considered, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.